Monday, March 4, 2013

Games Of March 2013

March is a huge month for games with every platform getting some love. Instead of posting a humongous article with every game I decided to save everyone...myself included, some time.
Instead of advising you on what to grab I will just list the game and reasons to spend your hard earned money.

March 5th
Tomb Raider
Aside from the already stellar reviews it has received  the reasons are pretty simple. Mainly its a complete relaunch of a wash out series, a series that I greatly despise. That being said I have already pre-loaded this game which must say a lot about how truly reborn the game has become.

SimCity
I was a huge fan of this franchise even though in the past it has let me down. Much like Tomb Raider this is a reboot to the series that looks both complex and fun. There is a multiplayer aspect which worries me slightly, but from what I have seen any SimCity fan will clearly want this game.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Any fan of Fighting games or Naruto will be getting this game. Though it doesn't garner much coverage from media this is by far one of the most progressive fighting franchises. Though I no longer follow Naruto the series I will still debate picking this up.

March 12th
God of War: Ascension
Its another God of War game....enough said. This game will sell millions and it has MULTIPLAYER!!! So it is clearly amazing...no I will not be buying it.

Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm
Yet another mandatory online Blizzard game. Much like God of War this game will sell millions, and Koreans will rejoice. I personally only love the modding community...the lackluster story and unbalanced multiplayer just don't grab my attention.

March 18th
Lego City Undercover
The only reason to own a WiiU...literally. So anybody that foolishly bought one finally has a game to play.

March 19th
Gears of War Judgement
This is the beginning of the end for Gears of War. Unless you are a major Gears junkie I'd say just play the previous title and remember what competitive multiplayer looks like.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
This is one of the few titles I am still on the fence about. On the plus side it has Daryl and Merle from the Walking Dead with their actual voice actors. On the downside its an Activision title and the textures look like complete garbage not surprising when you see Black Ops 2 textures. Only time will tell with this game.

March 21st
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
While this game will not appeal to everyone by any stretch, Victory will be the best game in the series. Graphically it is vastly superior, and though the story seems confusing at the moment with this game being a sequel/prequel set in an alternate dimension. I will more than likely grab this title just to sort the whole mess out so stay tuned.

March 26th
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
Not too confident about this game, especially now with the studio being in turmoil. I'm going to wait and see how the first impressions are before I blow $60 on this game.

Bioshock Infinite
Regardless of speculation this game will be the most unique shooter of 2013. Whether it is the best best of 2013 is to be seen, but Bioshock has unique atmospheres and diverse story. That combination screams "Buy Me" for this game.

Pandora's Tower
Thank you Xseed for yet another localized game. Though I know very little about the game it is certainly intriguing enough to be on my preorder list.

Slender: The Arrival
Pure and simple horror. The game has a small price tag and tons of terror. If you do not own a copy of this game then simply put, you are dumb. This is the scariest game you will get this year especially since the horror genre in gaming has devolved to cheap scares with tons of shooting.

March 28th
HarmoKnight
Eh...a music game buyers beware. Although note that Game Freak did develop it so there is potential.

March 31st
Lost Planet 3
I'm actually a fan of the series though its many missteps have troubled me in the past. This looks to be a different direction with the franchise much like Red Faction tried. Remember...RIP Red Faction...

Article by: Larry Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment